THE RUSSIAN PRESIDENTIAL ACADEMY
OF NATIONAL ECONOMY
AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
About the Centre
“Resource curse,” “Dutch disease,” “gold rush,” “blood diamonds” – those are just some of the epithets used to characterise the role of natural resources in economic development. They certainly do not set a positive tone for a constructive discussion. The key aim of our Centre is to change that attitude and lay a foundation for a policy roadmap based on economic development success stories among resource abundant countries. An important principle of our approach is that resource economies with better economic and political institutions are more capable of managing their resource revenues and can achieve superior results in economic growth and social development.
Our mission is to research patterns of economic and social development in resource rich countries, compare their performances, and generate policy recommendations for optimising public administration and raising the efficiency of extractive industries based on successful experiences worldwide.
Main activities of the Centre :
1) Publishing reports and policy papers aimed at representatives of government institutions, the private sector, and academia;
2) Publishing articles in international and Russian scientific journals along with professional industry-specific publications;
3) Promoting the findings of our research through op-eds and interviews in the press, as well as specialised roundtables and seminars;
4) Providing targeted advice to companies and government agencies;
5) Participating in meetings organised by government agencies or companies.
6) Commenting on topical government papers.