CENTRE FOR RESOURCE ECONOMICS
THE RUSSIAN PRESIDENTIAL ACADEMY
OF NATIONAL ECONOMY
AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
A Research internship with the RANEPA Centre For Resource Economics
“Our Centre’s main aim is to research patterns of economic and social development in countries rich in oil, gas and other natural resources, compare their performances, and generate policy recommendations based on successful experiences worldwide. An important principle of our approach is that resource economies with better institutions and more economic freedom are more capable of managing their resource revenues and can achieve superior results in economic growth and social development. You can get more information and download our publication via our website: www.cre.ranepa.ru
We invite young people to get involved in the work of our Centre. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn about economics, development and natural resources, and advance one’s research skills. Upon the completion of the internship programme, interns will be provided with references for future employers. The internship position is unpaid.
– Supporting research for analytical reports, articles and policy papers;
– Data mining for research in the areas of energy and natural resources;
– Promoting the findings of our research through op-eds and interviews in the press, as well as specialised roundtables and seminars;
– Reviewing third party research.
To qualify for the internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
– Be undergraduate or graduate student and/or recent graduates with advanced degrees in social, economic, political, natural or environmental sciences;
– Have strong research and analytical skills;
– Be able to work independently and collectively as part of a group;
– Interest in and high levels of ability when working with numbers;
– High standards of written and spoken communication in Russian and English.
To apply for the internship, please send your CV with a cover letter to the following e-mail: